Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back to School Series: Pretty Little Liars



I've got a secret, can you keep it? 


This year, for my back to school series, I'm doing four pretty little liars inspired videos (one for each main character). If you don't watch this show currently, or at least don't know about it, go watch it or read the books! Both the TV show and the novels are surprisingly suspenseful and extremely captivating (and addictive!). Each main character (Spencer, Emily, Aria and Hannah) have their own unique reactions, situations, problems and of course, style. I determined what I would do in each tutorial based off of what they wear on the show (in terms of both clothing and makeup) and their personalities. Each video will contain 3 parts – a makeup tutorial, a hair tutorial and a fashion outfit. Also, for y’all blog readers out there, I will be making a detailed post per character for each video. There will be explanations for the choices I made in the video, more pictures (for closer looks at what I was doing), and other ideas for other ways to get inspired looks by these characters. Remember, each tutorial is an inspired tutorial. I simply chose to do it this way (instead of exactly copying a picture) because their hair and makeup are all very similar. 

Read more for detailed explanations of all characters and videos-




Very often, each character sports dark, smokey eye makeup, pink lips and curly/wavy hair. Although I think they are all stunning, I think doing the same thing four times would not be very informative. So, I decided to change it up, especially for fun characters like Hannah (who doesn’t love her spicy personality, beauty blonde locks and hot boyfriend – Caleb!). I’ll give you a short summary of what I’m doing for each character (because I would spend my time planning this out, and I’ve filmed one video already!).

Spencer: Style – Preppy
She’s the all American prep on this show. There’s always one or two on every show, and she is it. She’s got brains, beauty and the crisp style of a true prep. I decided to make her makeup look natural, with only a slight smokiness to it. Honestly, Spencer is my favorite character!
Link to Blog post: TBA
Link to video: TBA

Emily: Style – Sporty
Emily’s the jock on PLL (Pretty Little Liars for short). She has beautiful silky locks with a little bit of wave and volume in them. Also, she has a sort of plain style, that’s very sport attire influenced (typical jock apparel with some style). I chose to make her makeup very natural – emphasizing how to make your face glow.
Link to Blog post: TBA
Link to video: TBA

Hannah: Style – Trendy
Hannah is the “popular” girl- I guess. She’s the shopper, the one who stays on trend and the one who always wears heels. Although her secret insecurities are revealed on the show (about her weight for example), she is definitely beautiful. I chose to do something very fun, and trendy for her clothing. For the makeup, I decided to do something that she wouldn’t really be sporting on the show (maybe once in a while) but something you guys may be interested in learning. It incorporates color.
Link to Blog post: TBA
Link to video: TBA



Aria: Style – Boho/Unique
Most people love Aria. I’d say she’s the fan favorite. She has a very earthy, unique style that’s very personal and it definitely expresses her personality well. She is a reader, writer and is very artistic. She sports sort of a dark brown/grey smokey eye usually and has a very unique/bohemian influenced style.
Link to Blog post: TBA
Link to video: TBA





 Shhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011