Thursday, July 14, 2011

ELF Lipstick (Seductive) - Review and Swatches


The ELF Lipstick in the shade Seductive (sold here and at Target locations for $1) is a mid toned pink toned coral. It has a matte finish with neither glitters nor gloss when applied to the lips. The texture is slightly dry but isn't overall dry to the point where your lips feel as if they will flake off. It is a typical texture of a matte lipstick but, I didn't expect it to be a matte. Although the finish is not described on the packaging nor the website, I had assumed a cheaper lipstick would not be created in a matte formula. I was surprised by the finish it gives but I am not upset over the finish because I rather like it. The color is darker than my more pigmented lips so, if you are extremely pale and have quite pale lips, this color may looks slightly drastic on you. Also, remember, that this is a warm toned coral with a lot of pink undertones in it. Pink works on most skin tones but I'd personally reccomend this for warmer skin tones because it seems to give the opposite effect on me of what a cool toned lavender would do. It is surprisingly pigmented for its price where there is only slight streakiness sometimes. Although this product is not like a smooth creemsheen product from MAC or a YSL lipstick (because of its matte texture), and it does slightly tug at your lips if you try to glide it on, it does have a satisfactory texture and finish. I do like the color on my own skin tone - it's like an enhancement to my own lip color. The packaging, like the rest of these dollar ELF products, is poor. I find that the top of my lipstick gets smashed against the top of the cap a lot because the lipstick easily twists while closed. Also, this lipstick has opened a few times in my bag- making a slight mess. I find that the smell is of a sort of artificial fruity/watermelon type and is very refreshing but, I could see some people disliking it. By looks, the packaging is just a sleek silver package yet, I feel as if the twisting mechanisms may come off its hinges one day and break. I saw that it was somewhat similar to MAC's Viva Glam Cyndi but that lipstick has a lustre finish and is more red toned.

Product: 5/10
Packaging: 2/10
Value: 6/10
Pigmentation: 5/10




Final Thoughts:  All, in all a great lipstick for those looking for a value lipstick. It has a matte finish which slightly tugs at your lips. I'd recommend this to beginners or those who don't want to spend the money on a more adventurous color like a coral although, I do not believe this color is very intense or different from many other colors out there.


(swatches and more pictures after the jump)




A video I used this lipstick in:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011