Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer - Neutral Medium

CIMG0589


The It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer ($24.00 for 0.28 fl.oz) is one this brands most famous products (go figure!). You can purchase it here. These are the claims this company makes.
Working hand in hand with the leading plastic surgeons in Brazil, It Cosmetics introduces Bye Bye Under Eye, a full coverage, highly pigmented concealer utilizing truly innovative technology and ingredients – giving women the power to finally say “bye bye” to those stubborn under-eye issues!
Bye Bye Under Eye offers a waterproof, yet moisturizing formula that will stay put no matter what. The truly innovative formula contains high concentrations of Vitamins K, A, C, E and Collagen - clinically proven to reduce under eye puffiness and discoloration while strengthening the delicate skin of the under eye area.
These are the major claims that this concealer makes. These are extremely high claims - a full coverage, waterproof concealer that also reduces puffiness and strenghtens your under eye area? That sounds like a miracle concealer. I honestly can not say that it has improved my eye area that much. But, I don't use this concealer consistently. I have been using this concealer on and off (partly because I don't need concealer 24/7) for about one month now. I have personally found that this concealer applies best with a brush (maybe a traditional concealer brush or a fluffy eye brush like the MAC 217 or 222) and that when you try to blend this concealer out with your fingers it tugs at the delicate eye area. The concealer is made a drier and tackier texture than your traditional concealers. ....
the rest of the review and swatches after the jump!



I think this texture both lends itself and is becuase of its high pigmentaiton. Although one can easily get used to the texture, I defintely suggest using a brush with this product if you have an extremely delicate eye area (or are very nervous about wrinkles). I found that the product itself had extremely high pigmentation and covered my under eye circles extremely well. I can say, as of now, that this is the best undereye concealer I've tried in my life (maybe an overstatment, but I'll make it). For the first time, after applying the concealer, I saw a radical difference in the purple circles under my eyes. (See pictures for comparisions to other concealers) I did try to use this concealer as a spot concelaer around other parts of my face and saw that unlike  under my eyes, both wear time and color matching was not satisfactory. The color of this concealer is slightly salmon (which helps cancel out under eye circles) but, when used on other parts of my face, it didn't sit well with my golden/neutral toned skin. Also, the wear time around other parts of my face was greatly reduced. I saw that this concealer (when set with a powder) lasted a good 10 hours under my eyes (this is basically a whole day). But, it lasted only a few hours (maybe 4 at the most) when used elsewhere. I set this powder with both a traditional loose setting powder and a pressed powder (Maybelline FIT). I have it in the color neutral medium which is a great color match. The website claims this color fits 75% of their clients and I do believe them. Besides this, packaging is fine. I think the squeezie tube is rather sanitary and I've thrown this concealer in bags with me and it has been holding up fine.

Final Thoughts: A great under eye concealer for anyone.
Grade: 9/10

CIMG0590


CIMG0591
*Product featured in this post was sent to me but, I am not compensated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011