Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-11-11

something seems so odd to me, is it really 2011? quite honestly, it doesn't feel like 2011, not at all. It feels just like another day, like a tomorrow, like a today, like a yesterday- but not a new year. every day brings new trials, new victories- but I'm glad to say, as of now, I'm giving all up to Him. Okay, if you're not walking with God and you're reading this, you may think I'm slightly insane- but I can say, I'm far from insane. I'm excited, I'm glad, and I'm more filled with joy then I have been in a long long time. I'm excited to grow closer to Him, and to become some one I always wished I could be. Glory to God :)
Anyways, resolutions, resolutions, these are hard for me! I felt like my heart has been changed so recently, but I'm trying to write these all down.
1. My first one is definitely giving my whole life to God and putting him first- re prioritizing my life to include Him more 100%-ly.
2. Eat Healthy :)
3. Finish that huge book list I have building up in my room.
4. Try to do that project 10 pan thing for reals.
5. Clean out my closet so my clothes actually fit into my closets again..
6. Makeup clean out!
7. Keep a consistent journal- remember stillness, peace etc.

Anyways, how are your new resolutions? What is most important in your life? I think those are interesting questions to dwell upon at the start of every new year.

On another note, I've recently totally cleaned up my room - like a lot guys. Like, I haven't seen this much of my desk and this much of my floor in about... a year. That's no exaggeration, but going in there, I love it. It feels really peaceful and fresh- a totally different dynamic then it was last year. Last year, I felt stressed just going into my room and approaching my work, approaching my life. Perhaps my new clean room will bring a fresh perspective and a fresh take on my life for 2011.

I'm obsessed with this song. Go Jen Chung!
"Unexpected, like a shooting star.
That's how we started, adoration from afar.
But we lost it, we couldn't reach the bar.
Now I'm nowhere near where you are.
Our ties are broken and apart.

[Chorus]
Oh maybe, one day, oh, one day.
We'll cross each other's way,
And have a chance to say, "For you, I'm happy."
Oh maybe, one day, oh, one day.
We'll grab a coffee and share stories
About the woman you love,And the man that I've met,
And have no regrets 'cause in the end,
It was for the best."



A sneak peak of a new hair tutorial and a new makeup tutorial series? Are you excited? I worked really hard figuring out how to do everything in these tutorials and I'm currently working on editing. They'll probably be up around Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

I've found some new ideas for this blog, perhaps you'll be excited for them! I've decided to do outfits of the day. Bloggers like Jane of www.seaofshoes.com and www.cupcakesandcashmere.com inspire me with their keen eyes for fabrics and patterns and distinctive styles. I've decided to express myself more through clothing this year- and document my path through this blog. I'd honestly describe my clothing style (when I try, I often get lazy and do the whole Juicy Couture Sweats + Ratty old sweatshirt + No makeup + ponytail thing) as girly, slightly vintage, very classic. Along with Outfit of the Days and small vlogs about my life, I'll defintely include Face of the Days, so you can follow the makeup trends I'm obsessed with. I love keeping a blog updated, they're much more accessible then a youtube video in my opinion. Although I ADORE my youtube subscribers and viewers, sometimes people just don't have time or the patience to watch a youtube video, a blog is much easier to just read. so, have an optimistic view on your 2011! :) Congrats to us all for getting through 2010 with only a few scrapes and bruises.

xx,
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011