Saturday, March 27, 2010

Makeup of the Day - 3/28/10











I recently posted a video on my youtube channel showing a step by step tutorial of my everyday spring makeup, which I have been dilligently sticking ot for a week. But, if any of you know me well enough, I get bored with makeup quickly. I dont use makeup to perfect my face, I use it because it's fun to play with colors. Anyways, instead of using the "boring - old" makeup I have been using since last week, I reverted back to my everday winter makeup yet again. But, I do have a valid excuse for this. I have been feeling a little under the weather lately and the temperatures have dropped yet again. The 40s is not a great time to be wearing colorful eyeshadow for me. It's a time to revert back to those neutrals, plum blushes and deeper lips as well as some hot cocoa. So, instead of sticking to my "purple-naural shadow" technique as I have been, I reverted to the following for my day of bargain hunting:

Everday Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation in Golden Light: This foundation is quick and easy. Although I am a huge fan of sensitive -friendly mineral makeup, the sifters and loose powders are SUCH a hassle. Seriously, traveling wiht any kind of loose powders should have an immediate spillage warning sign. Never EVER travel with loose powders. Since, I am a busy girl, I do like to keep all my makeup and bags hassle free - so I found this pressed foundation from everyday minerals. The color is a little too light to my face (I should have gotten Golden Medium) but, I do like it becuase it's sheer enough not to look cakey but it also gives a nice light-medium coverage.
Prestige Eyeliner Pencil: This is your average black eyeliner pencil. I smudged it across my upper lash line. Although this liner has little to no staying power (it fades in about 2 hours) I do like the look of a softer eyeliner. I wouldn't suggest using this pencil on a water/tight line because it defintely wouldn't stay longer than 15 minutes. This is a cheap $3.00 eyeliner that was one of my first eyeliner pencils. Because of that, I just want to finish it up - as fast as I can.
VS Lipgloss: Unknown Name. I'm not a huge fan of this lipgloss, or the Beauty Rush lipglosses in particular. Actually, I'm not a huge fan of lipgloss. I know that sounds weird coming from a teenager, but i feel like it makes you looks so overdone and not very natural. Basically, in my mind I relate lipgloss with being un-classy. But, I do wear this occasionally - in which I use it very very lightly. I am about 1/2 way finished with this lipgloss and am trying to finish this product up as well. Anyways, I used this lightly over a few other lip products - it's a sheer light hot pink color that really just comes off as glittery/shine with a slight pink coloring.
Pur Minerals Blush in Plum Adamite: A plummy blush that adds a nice warm glow to your cheeks. I applied this blush with an Eco Tools Blush Brush lightly onto my apples (and sweeping into my temples) and also added a little bit more to contour my cheeks.
Smith's Rosebud Salve: Best Lipbalm/Lip Butter/Lip Moisturizer Ever. It's about $6 at sephora, I'm a huge fan of the original rosebud and am trying to hit pan on this lovelyy product. It hydrates your lips and gives you a nice scent. I used this above my Honeycat lipbalm (which exfoliates), and underneath the Lipgloss, Lipliner and Lipstick.
Honey Cat Cosmetics Warming Lipbalm: Cinnamon Lipbalm which was used as an exfoliant underneath Smith's Rosebud Salve to prime my lips and to prevent flaking.
Revlon Colorstay Sheer Lipstick in Sheer Peach: This lipstick is amazing! I adore it, It's sheer and provides enough sparkle and shine so it isn't necessary to wear gloss. Although staying power (and obviously color) aren't a pro in this, it is ann amazing color! It adds a gay shade of peach to anyone! I applied this over the Salve and Lipbalm.
JAM Cosmetics Lipliner in Pink Muave: Applied underneath the Lipstick. I lined my lips with this and then filled them in to keep my lipstick in place. This color is a pretty pink/muave and gives a good darker base for my lips.
Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara: One of my all time favorite mascaras. I adore this brush (cone shaped) and it gives good volume and length. I only applied a little on the outer corners after curling my lashes and on my lower lash line.
NARS Concealer Duo in Custard/Ginger: I used this concealer under my powder (I used custard) to prevent my dark shadows.
Maybelline Chai Latte Quad (Everything but outer corner color): This is probably my favorite drugstore eyshadow quad - ever. Maybelline and Covergirl probably make some of the best quads in the drugstore market at the moment. I used the light brown, golden bronze and shimmery highlight today. The outer corner color was a little too dark for my minimal eyelook. Defintely check out all maybelline eyeshadows! I placed the each color where it was labeled to be placed - these quads are almost foolproof.







The Video Mentioned Above for my Spring Everday Makuep:












No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011