Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sparkly Grey-Black Gradient Nails + New Fave Song

I would just like to say, I'm obsessed with this song. You should definte
ly listen to it, Misty Miller's 16, gorgeous and writes amazing songs! They have taylor swift type lyrics, but her singing style is more indie- "hipster".




I was somewhat inspired by this song to paint my nails (?), and I decided to try out a gradient nail. The written tutorial is below, and pictures! I used..

Sephora by OPI Under My Trenchcoat (a gold sparkled grey)
ELF Black Nail Polish (creme black)
Cosmetic Wedge
Milani 3D Holographic in 509 (silver glitter)
Sally Hansen Double Duty Base/Top Coat



Step 1: Use Base Coat to paint nails completely.
Step 2: Take a grey colored polish (under my trench coat) and paint two coats onto nails. Let dry completely
Step 3: Take a black polish and paint the cosmetic wedge. Dab off excess onto a tissue
Step 4: Dab the black polish onto your nail, using a lighter hand near the cuticles. Leave a band of grey showing
Step 5: Take the black polish and french tip your nails (it doesn't have to be precise). Let dry
Step 6: Take glitter polish and paint over nails.
Step 7: Use clear coat on top.

x,
christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011