Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bronzer Comparisons

Of the few bronzers I've tried, the following are the ones I own. In this post I'm going to give an exclusive (from my youtube videos) indepth review on them and how they compare to each other. Expect a grade (A+ - F) for each product. So are you wondering which bronzer you should buy this summer? Find out below!





Priced at $2.99 (found at your local drugstore) this bronzer is defintely the best bang for its buck. The packaging could be better and the included "puff" is useless unless you want to cake your bronzer on. I suggest using all bronzers, but this one especially with a large paddle powder brush or a stippler brush. This is an extremely pigmented, and matte bronzer that is perfect for contouring. I prefer to use a slightly shimmery bronzer on my cheekbones or all over my face to give an actual glow. This is useful for contouring, but I barely use this.

Value: 9/10

Quality: 7/10

Packaging: 2/10

Overall: B



Sephora Sundisk - $20
This product is HUGE. But, like the NYC bronzer, it only has one color to choose from. But, this color can never look muddy with a peachy/coppery glow. It has a very slight shimmer or sheen in it but is probably considered matte. I love this bronzer to give my face a nice glow (the 3B method) with a large paddle brush. I never contour with this and use this basically for an all over glow. Although I like this, some downfalls are that the powder isn't packed loosely enough so it can get messy, the compact is HUGE and bulky and that it has a weird perfume-y smell.

Quality: 8/10
Value: 7/10
Packaging: 6/10

OVERALL: B+




Cargo Blu Ray Bronzer - $30 (bought @ $15 @ Sephora)


This bronzer is never muddy and has a mostly matte finish. It has a slight orange tinge which can make you glow slightly orange in pictures and on stage. So never use this as stage makeup! I do like the consistency and the quality is good. The power is packed well into the pan and the packaging is sturdy. I love the huge mirror and how the hinge goes past 180 degrees so you can get into the bronzer without getting the powder on the mirror. I like to use a stippler brush with this just because I find it breaks up this powder the best.

Value: 4/10
Quality: 8/10
Packaging: 8/10

OVERALL: B+






Clinique True Bronzer in Sunkissed

- a pinky toned bronzer with golden sparkles

Quality: 8/10

Packaging: 9/10

Value: 6/10

OVERALL: B+


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011