Saturday, November 26, 2011

Trust

I've decided to start something new with this blog, not to take away from the usual makeup and fashion posts. But, rather, to have something additional to give this blog more, substance, shall we say. Some of you will really dislike these posts, if you don't, please just don't read them. Skim over them. X out your window or tab. These posts are for me, and for those who want to read them. Some may find them helpful and others will find them a way to get to know me better. I really believe in these. So, these are going to be something like testimonies, little anecdotes about my spiritual life. Yes. JESUS. I said it. So here goes testimony number one. I think I'll do these weekly.

I guess I'll start off and say, this is going to be reflections on my senior year - what I think of it, and how it's been going so far. As compared to junior year, it's been more and less stressful. During the first few months of the year, there was a lot less work, yet a lot more stress because of college applications and the like. Especially with all the major competitions this year, I've been feeling the pressure. And even beyond the temporary pressure you feel at a competition, the lasting pressure to get into a good college. Now, everyone has been telling me, and I guess every other senior that this year is about us, or me. "Make this year about you." It's your year to shine, to embrace the end of a chapter of your life. Yet, quite frankly, I don't want this year to be about me. If I make this year all about myself, where does it put God? Clearly not my number one. It'd be all too clear that I'd be my own number one. So, my prayers for myself, are to God, asking Him how to show me the way to put Him as my number one in my life. It's become all too clear that if someone puts God as his number one, and claims the God as his Lord and Savior, that God will show him the way, that God will provide. And that brings me to the second worry of my senior year, college. Lovely, gotta love the subject. It's all uncertainty, worry and self esteem issues for seniors. You also can't forget the hardcore passive aggressive competition between students applying to the same universities. Yet, I've been trying, and will continue to try for the next few weeks to put my faith completely in God. Where he puts me is going to be the right place. Trusting completely in Him, and trusting in that statement is something I need to work on. And, as a young believer, I think it is always our struggle - to put our lives, our well beings into His hands, giving it all up to Him. It is my hope that we can all work on this together. I am with you, to anyone who is reading this. Feel free to comment or contact me with any of your troubles. I'd love to grow close to you in Him!

And some verses to meditate upon...

Therefore as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.  
1 Colossians 3:12-14 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011