Friday, February 4, 2011

remix, cheapness, 30 for 30

Long before lucky magazine came out with their 90 outfits for under $500 articles article (seehere), I have been a budget girl. Ever since the ripe age of 13 (yes, that would only be 3 years ago), I have been lusting over high fashion runway pieces and collections. Yet, at any age, who is really willing to dish out thousands of dollars for a one seasons trendy piece. No, who is really willing to dish out thousands for one classic "i'll wear it forever (not)" piece? We all have abnormally large and stuffed to the brim closets (I happen to have two of those, sadly they are identical and not walk in), so why shouldn't we wear every piece in our closet? So, here is my spin of the 30 for 30 project. I've written many posts about this before, so just check my previous posts for more details on the original ideas, and the links to where I got my ideas. 

First off, let's start out with the reasons for doing the so called "thirty for thirty" challenge. I have plenty of clothes and plenty of options in my closet-why limit myself to only a few for a month? 
  • Giving yourself a challenge with your clothing encourages you to look for more unique outfits and to discover your own personal style
  • It's always good to be on a budget!
  • Remixing allows you to discover your own limits on how well you can dress with very little! Practice does make perfect.
So, how is my thirty for thirty challenge different from the rest? Usually you just pick 30 pieces to wear for a month straight. You just have to incorporate one of those pieces into one of your outfits, you can wear other pieces in your closet. I'm assuming the purpose of this would be to encourage yourself to wear the forgotten and too trendy pieces that you've never picked up. But, I've decided to become one of those cool budget friendly people and limit myself to wearing only 25 pieces of clothing for 30 days. An added voluntary punishment- I can not personally go out and buy any clothing, accessories or shoes. Can I do this? I'm not sure. But, I'm going to go ahead and list my 30 items below, so I can keep track of them. But, to make this slightly more easier, I am letting myself add in any accessories to these outfits, whew!

1. Hollister dark wash skinny jeans
2. American Eagle graphic sweatshirt 
3. H&M Cowl Neck Sweater
4. Black leggings
5. Grey F21 Cardigan
6. GAP blue button down
7. MIT shirt
8. Grey Blazer
9. Grey Sweatpants
10. Plain White Tee
11. Grey Long sleeve shirt
12. American Eagle Printed Sweater
13. Tan Cardigan
14. Black Skinny Jeans
15. Bootcut Jeans
16. Navy Silk Top
17. Mint Green Top
18. Black and White flannel
19. Cashmere Argyle Sweater
20. Black Tank top
21. Cherry sweater dress
22. Navy cords
23. Grey and black printed sweater
24. "Chanel" cardigan
25. Grey Vneck Sweater

Leave a good luck comment below- I'm going to need it!
much love, christie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011