Monday, August 9, 2010

Whimsical Beaches

One of my favorite things in the world is New England. If I could choose three places to live, this would be in the top three. (1. New England 2. England England 3. The Deep South 4. Where I am now ....) I love the crisp air - it's hard to explain if you've never experienced it before. If you've ever woken up at 5 am, and stepped outside to let your dog out into your yard - you know the feeling. It's such a clean, pure feeling, when the dew is still wet and the sun is just rising. It's that feeling, all day long. Just pure, cleanness - and I love it. The houses are built on the smaller side and usually colonial style, and they all match with each other; just like a little post card. Besides that, the weather is never too hot, so the crisp feeling of fall stays with you all year long. Honestly, I ADORE fall. It is my all time favorite season. Chunky knits and warm colors during a crisp autumn afternoon drinking apple cider is my favorite time of ever. Seriously. I do kind of like spring time, when it's just warm enough and you drive with the windows down, and the cherry blossoms and blowing everywhere. It's nice, but it's nothing compared to autumn. I swear, if i could choose one season, I would choose this one. It lasts nay even a week, but I cherish every second I can. I pity those who don't have an autumn... or a winter.
Anyways, two days ago, I went over to a family friend's house. They just moved to our area (ish, actually like 1 hr away) and they had a house warming party. The man of their house and my father met at my father's first job, and kept in touch since. This guy was born near the ocean, so alwalys bought houses near bodies of water. This particular house was near a huge bay like marsh with boats everywhere, and swans and sand trodden paths. Their house in itself was over 1 acre of land and was very airy and modern. They had a small pool and a large deck in their backyard with bird baths and tons of trees. Right down the street though, was the bay. As I was walking towards it, It reminded me ominously of new England, how the houses were just right, and the wind blowing through my hair. And as I walked down the beach with my boat shoes and braided hair, I thought - this is meant to be.

photocredit: first picture:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEieyQrxlU9q_-zYwKwTr8kXJsKV1u2PjU4kik9nahfujDu-tNB4ILDxmwYPb5vGEoKTTzyZZP7Nf0aVY4JS5EfLLisKzblvPhPwphovmEJ1rOEe9EMCRTamphvungcrMamTu-pNjDeWA9IS/s400/082squeaky.jpg

2nd picture:http://web.crypto.cs.sunysb.edu/spday/pjh.jpg

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Agreed! I adore New England's air and weather. I love it so much I have decided to stay and live here.. at least for awhile. Your family friends' house sounds really nice. You should go there all the time haha

Christie said...

haha i wish! my parents are actually thinking about buying a beach house there :)

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011