Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June Favorites + OOTD + Something Special!

I didn't think this was worth making a video about, but I have quite a few June Favorites. I definitely will include these in my June/July Loves video (which I make every two months about the products I have been using consistently and enjoy for those two months). Well, this month has certainly been somewhat of a drastic change. All of a sudden, by mid-June, school was over. There are no more tests, papers, or grades. Yet, my report card has yet to be delivered to my house (thank goodness) and I will be having constant anxiety over it until it comes (not that I want it to). Besides those grades, and my AP scores (this is not okay..), school is over. I guess. I've been working an internship doing science research, being the smart Asian that I am (that would be a joke). Anyways, besides a bunch of summer assignments for my senior year and a large slew of research homework and essays, I have no work! This makes me realize I have a lot of work. Oh! I just remembered - I have to work on those college applications too. Oh darn. But, I like to pretend I have a carefree summer.

This month, I have really been enjoying a certain "look" I guess. I've been turning to one of two looks - either the darker "smokey eye" makeup look or the super bright, dewy makeup look. My darker smokey eye (with a lot of eyeliner.. which i never do) has really been showing through with my makeup tutorials and when I play with makeup. I've currently filmed, and edited two very intense makeup looks. They will be put up on my youtube channel soon (go here if you would like to see my channel). So, with this sort of theme, I guess, I've really been liking the following...

Milani liquf'eye eyeliner in black - great for lining the waterline to add extra intensity
Wet n' Wild 6-shadow Color Icon Palette in Lust- has a great variety of darker and lighter shades of purple 
Billion Dollar Brows Brow Shadow in Taupe- I use this to define my eyebrows which is extremely important in darker looks
MAC Eyeshadow in Mulch- a beautiful dark brown which I use on the outer half of my lid almost all the time 
Rimmel Lipstick in Spotlight Beige- the perfect nude to pair with dark, smokey eyes 


(more after the jump)



In terms of my other type of look I've been enjoying, it's all about enjoying summer with a dewy, fresh glow. So, I've turned to highlighting products and light shimmery shadows for this.

MAC Paintpot in Bare Study- Perfect as a primer/base all over the eye area to add shimmer
Wet n' Wild Color Icon Trio in Walking on Eggshells- there is a dupe for kitten in here! I use the lid shade on my lid and the browbone shade in my waterline
L'oreal Pigment in Visionary- this goes in my crease when I want a slightly golden eye
Wet n' Wild Lipwand in Sensual Peach (122) - Perfect lip color to pair with a simple eye, a medium peachy pink
Benefit Benetint
Almay Naturals Foundation in Natural Beige- light, dewy foundation- I use it has a concealer 
ELF Translucent Powder - I'm down to the very end of this powder, I have a variety of others to choose from but, I can't let go of it 
Covergirl Natureluxe Mascara in Brown/Black 









I've also been really enjoying some accessories and preppy basics

Leather Wraparound Bracelet (gift)
Grey and White striped shirt - Banana Republic (buttons in the back add interest)
Ballet Flats and other assorted flats 
Pegged Jeans 
1/2 Up French Braid




Before I end this post, I'd like to say  (to my dear)..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011