Friday, January 22, 2010

Anatomy of a Teenage Girl

Repost - Maybe.
Who cares. If you need self esteem - look no further.


So I wrote something, I have no idea what it is. And it's really dumb. But I guess I'm gonna publish it. Copyright 100%.
We're here to dissect a teenage girl's life. Complicated? Yes, but I'm here to take on the challenge.

Every teenage girl has a goal for her life, a short term goal, and a long term goal. It's usually one of the following:
1. I'm going to be a fashion designer/model/actress/singer/someone really rich and famous.
2. I want to find true love.
Every girl wants to find true love, and every girl believes every thing is love. Teen girls have dissected and read over and over the pink hard covered books filled with perfect stories of happily ever afters and charming perfect boys who accept the girls for who they are. And of course they automatically love them at first sight. Hey, I want that too, but nothing in life is as easy as that. Talking to boys is a chore, because you have no idea what to say. Avoiding your crush is easiest - because talking would just make you embarrased. And falling in love for you first time ever with a guy is an amazing gift. But you're not going to recognize it until a few years later, defintely not.

Every teenage girl is pushed by their parents - and honsetly every teen girl probably resents their parents for it. And it makes us seem so simple minded, for resenting them even though they have the best intentions in mind for us. Asian parents will push you to no end. They have lectures that they repeat over and over, the same words. They constantly bring up the same subjects and crush your self esteem until it is simply a small midgety worm.

Every teenage girl wants to have a fairy tale - at least for a day. They want the perfect Prince Charming, the gentle sweet boy.

But, I learned, I'm not like every teenage girl. I have my own anatomy, like everyone else. I'm not you and I dont' want to be. I look up to people, wish I was them. Wish I could be as talented and as pretty as they were - just for the boys. Screw the boys. They're nothing but useless lumps that search the earth for the best boobs and the best butt to go after. I don't believe in fairytales - yet I still read the Urban ones. The pink clad book ones. The ones about the Perfect boy named Trevor, or Adam or whatevertheirnameis. I still wish for the perfect boy. But I'm not going to meet him here, right now, at this age.
I know I'm going to meet him someday.
So, for now, I'm going to be content with what I am, who I am, and my skin. I'm going to enjoy the things I like and not be afraid of rejection. Be blunt and outspoken - and say my feelings. Even though this world wants you to be the every day teenage girl, I know I'm not.

I read this book, and I found out that I can be outspoken. And I"m going to break stereotypes. And I'm going to be myself - instead of acting like something other people want me to be. People Pleaser? Not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

  © Bloggertemplates The White Dove by wordpress photography themes | pagerank updates 2011